Rudolf Christmas Shoes.
Tis' the season for ugly Christmas sweaters and holiday parties! I love looking at all the hilarious sweaters people come up with on Pinterest. Anything with working lights wins in my book. I started thinking about how to take these holiday outfits to the next level. Well, it's time to invite shoes to the party.
These Rudolf shoes are not only just a few quick steps to make but also the most adorable shoes maybe ever! All you need to get started are a pair of fabric Mary Janes. Any color you want will work. I got my light pink ones at Urban Outfitters. They were buy one get one at the time too and boy do I love a good bargain.
Next you need brown and black felt. Try using the thicker pieces they have at craft supply stores. It's easier to cut and keeps its shape, but any felt will work. For the pom pom noses I just bought a bag at Dollar Tree but, if you have the skills to make your own pom poms those would work as well.
Now I know the sewing might scare some of you, but I promise this part is so easy. Just a few quick up and down stitches to secure the antlers from moving. If you are doing intense walking I would suggest sewing the lashes and noses on too. There you go! Easy peasy. You are now ready for your next holiday event!
Not only are these a cute little detail for your personal holiday outfit, but make for a great gift. Can you imagine little baby feets sporting these?! I think I need to make a pair for my nieces!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Mary Jane shoes in your color choice (I got mine at Urban Outfitters)
- Brown and black felt (the thicker the better)
- Red pom poms
- String (in color of shoes) and needle
- Glue (I used tacky, but fabric and hot glue would also work)
HOW TO DO IT:
1. Cut out 4 lashes from black felt and glue them onto the shoes. If you would rather sew them on you can use black thread.
2. Use your brown felt to cut out 4 antlers and glue them on the inside of the center piece. Sew a couple stitches in the color of your shoes to secure you antlers. I also sewed the upper antlers in place so they wouldn't flop around. You can use brown string for this. Be sure it's not too tight or when you walk it will rip.
3. Glue on one red pom pom on the bottom center of the shoe. If you don't have pom poms you could always make your own yarn pom poms.