Regina George Cheese Fries.
Today, he asked me what day it was. "October 3rd."
That's right, it's that time again! It's National Mean Girls Day and we can't not celebrate such a spectacular holiday. I made sure to wear my pink when cooking up these Regina George approved cheese fries. She might even let fetch happen for these!
I'm a big fan of cheese fries so making these was a real treat for me. Gooey and cheesy deliciousness with a little kick. I used white cheddar so I could make it pink in honor of Mean Girls.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 8 oz white cheddar cheese grated
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter (is it a carb?)
- Hot sauce
- 1 cup whole milk
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Pink food coloring
- French fries
HOW TO DO IT:
1. Melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Once it is melted whisk in flour.
2. When it starts to bubble add you milk while you whisk. Once it is completely combined turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Once it starts boiling lower heat and reduce to simmer. Sauce will thicken a little bit.
3. Whisk in the cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste preference and a couple of dashes of hot sauce. I like spicy so I added about 6-8 dashes.
4. Add your cheese once everything is mixed and allow to melt.
5. When sauce is at a good consistency add a couple drops of pink food coloring and whisk.
6. Serve over hot fries and enjoy!