Jawbreaker Bath Bomb.
We are all about the treating yo self lifestyle. From manicures to spa days and everything in between we love it! But that lifestyle is also very expensive, so we have become the queens of beauty DIY. If we can save money and do it ourselves we are all in.
One of our favorite beauty trends is the bath bomb. With all the fun colors, shapes and scents out there it's no wonder they are so popular. Cherry on the top, they make your skin irresistably soft. We had to start making our own to support our bath bomb habit.
We began experimenting with making colorful bombs and got the idea to make them look like jawbreaker candy by coloring the Epsom salt vs the bath bomb itself. It was crazy how much they looked like candy.
These were so much easier than we thought they would be to make and made for great gifts. Make some of these sweet bath bombs and treat yo self and others!
What You Need:
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 8 tsp. coconut oil
- 4 tsp. water
- 2 tsp. essential oil (we used sweet orange)
- Rainbow food coloring (red, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple)
- Bath bomb mold (2.5 in)
How To Do It:
1. Seperate Epsom salt evenly into 6 bowls and add a few drops of food coloring. Stir around to mix in the color.
2. Combine baking soda, corn starch and citric acid. Add in your Epsom salt and stir.
3. Gradually add in your wet ingredients and stir with a whisk. Once mixture can form little clumps pack into bath bomb mold. You will want to overfill the mold and press tightly. Allow bomb to stay in mold for about 5 minutes then remove and dry for 24 hrs on wax paper