Earth-Love Sugar Cookies.
We feel that for any and every holiday, it is appropriate to celebrate with baked treats, and Earth day is no exception. We made some of the cutest and (more importantly) easiest Earth themed sugar cookies, so we could spend the rest of the day enjoying the great outdoors.
What You Need:
- Your favorite packaged or homemade sugar cookie dough (make sure to use the ‘cutout’ recipes if you want the heart shapes)
- Food coloring (green and blue)
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Rolling pin
How To Do It:
1. Cut your batch of dough in half, and add food coloring to each until to reach your desired shade of green and blue (we just got in there and mixed it by hand)
2. Tear bits of each color dough and blend together into a modge-podge of blue and green, and roll flat
3. Cut-out your cookies and place on baking sheet
4. Bake according to the instructions of your preferred cookie dough
5. Remove from oven and let cool
6. Grab some cookies for yourself (and some to share if you’re feeling nice), and go outside and enjoy what nature has to offer!