Cootie Shot Treats.
We all know the playground vaccine for not getting cooties is "circle, circle, dot, dot now I've got my cootie shot!" You got yours and made sure your friends had theirs as you ran away from the cootie monster who was infecting the the whole school.
I hadn't thought too much about that little rhyme until recently when Violet was talking about how the boys had cooties in her class. I told her the go to for cooties and gave her, her "shot". Circling her palm and poking finger dots i recited the antidote. She cracked up and thought it was hilarious that 1. mom used to herself be a kid afraid of cooties and 2. that a little chant could cure all those who had been infected. We practiced it a few more times and she was ready to take on those cooties.
With Valentine's coming up I realized that the cooties would be flying around her class so I came up with a plan. The kids obviously need a healthy dose of cootie shots to protect themselves from all the love that is about to overcome them. Instead of setting up my circle circle dot dot medical shuttle I thought I could bake them up a fun treat that is not only delicious, but ready to fight those feisty cooties.
What You Need:
- Rice crispy treats
- Heart Sprinkles
- Heart candy gummies
- White chocolate Hersey Kisses
- Pretzel rods
- White chocolate
- Pink Food Coloring
- Piping bag
How To Do It:
1. First make your favorite rice crispy treat recipe and allow to cool. They don't need to be pressed into any pan because you will be working with it.
2. Wrap your pretzel rod a little more than half way with your rice crispy treats. If the treats stick to your hands you can put a little olive oil on your fingers.
3. Push a heart gummy onto the uncovered side of the pretzel carefully without going all the way through the candy.
4. Take a hersey kiss and put icing on the bottom and attach to the rice crispy. This will act as your needle. I used cookie and cream ones because the store didn't carry plain white chocolate, but any will work.
5. Melt your white chocolate in a microwave safe long glass. This will make the dipping process so much easier with the long shape of the shot. Once fully melted dip your rice crispy end into the chocolate and place on wax paper.
6. As the chocolate is drying place your heart sprinkles onto the shot.
7. Color vanilla icing pink and put into piping bag. Cut a small hole at the bottom and squeeze your design over the shot.