What You Need:
- 4 toilet paper rolls
- 1 paper towel roll
- Tissue paper
- Newspaper, paper towels and paper mache (flour+water)
- Thick paper (I used flimsy presentation board)
- Box cutter
How To Do It:
1. Start by making your neck. Using the paper towel roll insert a toilet paper roll onto the bottom, bend in hook shape and tape. Put another toilet paper roll in the top of the paper towel roll and tape. Fold a toilet paper roll in half and insert into that toilet paper roll to help create the head shape. Insert last toilet paper roll into heads toilet paper roll and fold into a beak shape. Tape will help create your shape.
2. Tape neck to balloon with knot pointing back. This will be your body.
3. Paper mache your entire flamingo and allow to dry. I used paper towels on the neck to better shape the neck.
4. Using your box cutter cut 2 holes for the string and a candy filling hole. Pull your string through and tie.
5. Make your feathers and start by individually layering and gluing them. Start from the back and move your way forward on the body. Use the candy filling flap as the tail. I put light pink on the bottom and hot pink on top for more color. For the neck you will start from the bottom of the base and work up the neck.
6. On your thick paper cut out 2 wings and again layer on feathers. Hot glue your wings to both sides.
7. Paint beak black and do the tip light pink.
8. Draw your lashes onto black paper with white pencil and cut out. Glue onto both sides of the head.