Pizza My Heart Pinata & Gift Box.
What You Need:
- Box cutter
- Tissue paper in gold, red, and white (other colors for extra toppings)
- Presentation board
How To Do It:
1. Decide how big you want your pizza and draw out heart shape onto cardboard. Cut out shape using a box cutter and trace shape onto another piece of cardboard. Cut out second heart. On the piece that will be the back cut your candy hole in the top corner. Trace out your slice of pizza on the heart and cut out the slice on each heart.
2. Cut 2 in strips of your presentation board. This will be all your sides on heart and slice. Tape one heart to your strips. Before moving on to taping the next side, make a hole on both sides of the inner point and tie your hanging string to it. I taped mine inside for good measure. Make sure your string is long and sturdy enough to withstand the beating.
3. Wrap and tape your slice to the board and leave the top open. This is where you will fill it with gifts.
4. For heart glue top and lay down red tissue paper. Once dry cut around shape. Using 2 in wide gold fringed tissue paper you will make the crust by gluing around edges and sides. Be sure to make inside the slice is red. This will give the illusion of sauce more sauce. Cut small strips of white tissue paper to be the cheese and glue randomly on as if it were sprinkled leaving some red exposed. Cut circles of red tissue for pepperoni slices and glue on. Feel free to add your loved ones favorite pizza toppings instead of just pepperoni. Go vegetarian with it or do initials by shaping the toppings out. Endless options! Do the back in gold as if it is the bottom of the pizza.
5. For the top of the slice repeat the sauce, crust and cheese steps, but leave the top open. This is when you will put your gifts inside.
6.To make the pull tab, glue string that's about 10 inches long onto one side and drape over opening. Glue down partially just to hold string in place. Cut a gold strip that will cover the opening, glue and add layers of fringed tissue over that. Fringe the remaining 2 sides with fringed red tissue paper and do the bottom gold. This slice should fit right into the heart and be able to be held on it's own. If you experience any issues you can always use some double sided tape or a couple dots of glue.
7. Fill with favorite treats and make someone's day!