Mini Pull Pinatas.
Like a complete weirdo I save all my toilet paper rolls. I even have family save theirs for me too. Why? Well,because they have thousands of uses! Gift boxes, binoculars and yes, even pinatas. So that’s what I did. I crafted up some adorable mini bbq inspired pull pinatas.
Violet recently had her birthday party and really wanted a pinata, but because the party was at a public pool we couldn’t do it. I wish I had thought of this idea sooner! Next best thing to a pinata?! A personal mini pinata as a party favor, that’s what! With a fair distribution of treats and a unique personal twist these are sure to be a hit. Simply pull the sting to rip the tissue and inside lies your treasures. The possibilities are endless on the varieties that could be made. I stuck with a hot dog, soda, corn on the cob and a slice of watermelon.
What You Need:
- Toilet paper rolls
- Tissue Paper
- Cut first toilet paper roll down the center and round out edges. This will be your bun.
2.For the hot dog cut strips on openings of 2nd toilet paper roll and fold down. This will give a better rounded edge shape. You will do the same for the corn on the cob pinata.
3. Wrap bun in brown tissue paper allowing the extra tissue to stuff the inside of the bottom of the roll to support the hot dog and give it more body.
4.Wrap hot dog in red tissue paper and glue. Twist one end and tie with string to close.
5. Stuff your pinata with treats and twist the tissue. Tie with string to keep goodies inside.
6. Glue hot dog into bun and allow to dry. If you want to add mustard to your dog simply twist a strip of yellow tissue paper until firm and glue on in a zigzag pattern.
CORN ON THE COB.
1. Like the hot dog cut strips on ends and roll down.
2. Wrap roll in yellow tissue paper and tie one end with string. This will be your pointed end so be sure to allow some slack in the tissue.
3. Cut leaf shapes out of green tissue.
4. Stuff the roll with your treats and tie string to close. I tied it up with the leaves around the twisted tissue end rather than gluing each leaf on.
5. Cut thin fringe strips of 2 different yellow tissue papers for a more textured look.
6. Wrap in an every other pattern.
1.Wrap roll in thin white fringed tissue paper.
2. Tie one end with string.
3. Glue on thin red and blue stripes to roll in an every other pattern.
4. Fill with treats and glue circular white tissue piece to top of roll.
5. Poke straw through.
1. Fold roll in half and cut one end into a pointed edge and tape to seal.
2. Round out other end for a watermelon slice look.
3. Stuff with your goodies and glue green tissue over opening with a string glued to the paper.
4. Use darker green to add more detail to rind.
5.Wrap pinata in thin red fringed tissue paper.
6. Glue on black paper cut into the shape of seeds.
Be sure to let me know if you make any and share a photo. I’d love to all your creations!!